What are Sermon Notes?
In this section of the website, you can easily add notes for each sermon here. Each sermon would have its own page with notes. You could add a sermon outline, Bible verses, even an entire sermon transcript.
Basic web-based commands are available in the text editor, like bold, italic, bullet list, indent, hyperlink—if you know how to do webmail, you can add sermon notes here.
This is a portion of sermon notes from a sermon titled, "Peace of Mind
," by Pastor Chuck Smith.
Matthew 11:28-30 KJV
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
I. A WONDERFUL INVITATION, "COME UNTO ME."
A. The one who made the invitation is the Son of God.
- He has just declared that the Father has delivered all things to Him, and that no one really knows the Father but the Son and whomsoever the Son will reveal Him.
- The Son of God is inviting you to come unto Him.
B. To whom is the invitation made?
1. All that labour and are heavy laden.
- Sooner or later we will find that the trials of life are heavier than we can bear.
- I sometimes wonder if man was designed to live such a fast paced life as our modern society demands.
- I think that we have all dreamed of living a simpler life moving to Oregon, Washington or Idaho getting a few acres, and planting a garden.
- Life on the Prairie doesn't seem that bad.
- For me it has always been a South Pacific Island to which I have mentally escaped.
2. We think that our culture and society has brought us much, but I sometimes wonder.
- We work hard all year looking forward to the two week vacation. What is it we then plan for that two weeks? A time in the woods next to a stream with beautiful trout. I'm just going to relax and fish. We will cook our food over an open fire. The kids can swim all day in the stream, and catch lizards.
- That's how people live in primitive cultures all year long, so how much have we really gained.
- A psychiatrist would not be able to make a living among natives of Irian Jaya, they do not know what manic depressive, or job related stress is. As far as that goes they do not know what a car is, or 8 to 5, or rent or mortgages, banks or interest.
3. In our present day society it is only a matter of time until a person is forced to reach out for someone stronger or wiser to help them.
- That is the critical moment of life. For where you reach can either make you or break you.
- It is at this point that many reach for the bottle, or other addictive drugs.
- Here Jesus stands, He declares what you need is to find the Father who loves you and wants to help you. Come unto Me and I will bring you to the Father.